Article 1 (Personal Information)
- The term “personal information” shall refer to “personal information” as defined in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, and shall mean information about a living individual which can identify the specific individual by name, date of birth, address, telephone number, contact information or other description contained in such information (including such information as will allow easy reference to other information and will thereby enable the identification of the specific individual).
- In addition to the provisions of the preceding paragraph, your page browsing and posting history, keyword search terms, date and time of use, method of use, system specifications, IP address, cookie information, location information and device ID information shall also constitute personal information under this policy.
Article 2 (How Personal Information is Collected)
- When you register as a user, Dmet Products may collect personal information such as your name, date of birth, address, telephone number, email address and credit card number.
- Dmet Products will collect information, such as your page browsing and posting history, keyword search terms, date and time of use, method of use, system specifications (including, when you are accessing via a mobile device, your device’s transmission status and various setting information), IP address, cookie information, location information and device ID information, whenever you use the services, or browse the websites, of Dmet Products or our partners.
Article 3 (Purpose of Collection and Use of Personal Information)
Dmet Products collects and uses personal information for the following purposes.
- (1) For the provision and management of the Service
- (2) For receiving, investigating and responding to your inquiries
- (3) For sending you emails with information on new features and updates to the Service
- (4) For informing you about maintenance and sending important notifications, etc., as necessary
- (5) For aggregating and analyzing personal information attributes and creating statistical data
- (6) For conducting marketing surveys
- (7) For contacting you regarding the use of the content that you have uploaded to the Service
- (8) To provide our business partner companies with the minimum amount of user information necessary to provide jointly-run services in cases where you are using services that are provided by Dmet Products in partnership with said companies
- (9) For other purposes incidental to the above purposes of use
Article 4 (Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties)
- Dmet Products will not provide your personal information to third parties without first obtaining your consent, except in the following cases.
- (1) When it is required by laws and regulations
- (2) When it is necessary for the protection of human life, body or property, and obtaining your consent is difficult
- (3) When provision or disclosure is required for cooperation with an authority or institution of the national or local government, and any other third party entrusted by them, in executing the affairs required by laws and regulations, and obtaining your consent could impede the execution of said affairs
- (4) When we have already notified you of, or publicly announced, matters including provision to a third party in the purposes of use
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the following cases shall not constitute provision to a third party.
- (1) When we subcontract all or part of the handling of personal information to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use
- (2) When personal information is provided as a result of succession of business due to a merger or other reason
- (3) When, in cases where we are to use your personal information jointly with a specific person, we have either notified you in advance of the fact, as well as the items of personal information to be used jointly, the scope of persons with which it will be used jointly,
the purpose of use by persons who will use it and the name or title of the person responsible for the management of said personal information, or we have made such information readily available to you
Article 5 (Disclosure of Personal Information)
- When you request Dmet Products to disclose your personal information, we will disclose it to you without delay. However, if such disclosure of personal information falls under any of the following cases, we may decide not to disclose all or part of said information, and if a decision not to disclose it has been made, we will notify you without delay.
- (1) When there is a risk of harm to the life, body, property or other rights and interests of either you or a third party
- (2) When there is a risk of seriously impeding the proper implementation of Dmet Products’ business
- (3) When doing so would be in violation of laws and regulations
- When carrying out the disclosure under the preceding paragraph, we may request that you provide us with copies of official documents, such as your driver’s license or passport, so that we can confirm your identity. In addition, we may charge you for any actual expenses, such as postage and other fees.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of paragraph 1 of this article, we will not disclose the personal information specified in Article 1, paragraph 2, in principle.
Article 6 (Correction and Deletion of Personal Information)
- If the personal information held by Dmet Products contains erroneous information, you may request us to correct or delete said personal information via the procedure we specify.
- If Dmet Products receives a request from you, under the provisions of the preceding paragraph, and we determine that it is necessary to accommodate said request, we will correct or delete the personal information, without delay, and notify you of the fact.
Article 7 (Suspension of Use of Personal Information)
If Dmet Products receives a request from you to suspend the use of or delete your personal information (“suspension of use, etc.”) due to it being used beyond the scope of the purpose of use or due to it having been obtained via unlawful means, we shall conduct the necessary investigations without delay and, based on the results, shall suspend our use, etc., of said personal information, and notify you accordingly. However, in cases where the suspension of use of personal information would incur considerable expense, or in other cases where suspension of use would be difficult, and it is possible to take alternative measures necessary to protect your rights and interests, we shall take such alternative measures instead.
- The content of this policy may be changed without any notification to users.
Article 9 (Inquiries)
For any inquiries about this policy, please use the inquiry form.